Applications for a License to Deal in Precious Metals may be obtained from the Snyder County Sheriff's Office during it's office hours. The application fee is $50.00. All individuals and business entities desiring to deal in precious metals in Snyder County MUST obtain a License before they may conduct any business. You (if an individual) or an employee of your business (if a business entity) must appear in person in the Sheriff's Office when submitting the application. Licenses are valid for a period of one year from their date of issue. Remember to bring valid photo identification when submitting your application. The address listed on your photo identification MUST match the address you are listing for yourself on your application. Examples of acceptable valid photo identification are a current (unexpired):
- Pennsylvania Driver's License
- Pennsylvania Photo Identification card
- Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms (as long as your address has not changed)
- United States Military Identification (when accompanied with orders and documents proving residency in Snyder County)
DIRECTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
All applications must be completed to their entirety. The following is a list of items need to be included with your application:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) letter, if any (required for business combinations)
- Pennsylvania State Sales Tax License
- Certificate of Organization or similar document identifying registration of business in Pennsylvania (not required for individuals)
- Application for Registration of Fictitious Name, if any
- Check or money order made payable to the "County of Snyder"
You may download the application for a License to Deal in Precious Metals below. For business combinations, when printing this application, be sure to print both sides on one sheet of paper. Applications that are printed on two separate pieces of paper WILL NOT be accepted by the Sheriff's Office.
Click HERE for the application if you are an individual.
Click HERE for the application if you are a business combination.